Aeon is one of the best modern and futuristic resource packs for Minecraft.
Discrete and vivid: pleasant colors and shadings, without being disruptive or hardcore.
➜ Download Aeon Resource Pack, Aeon Extension Patch v11.6, and Addons: Resource Pack repository
- Aeon Resource Pack, by TheSparko, it is the required base resource pack for vanilla Minecraft.
- Aeon Extension Patch, by Ezer'Arch, completes the base resource pack and adds mod support.
- Addon Patches that tweak Aeon packs by adding special skies and alt textures, updating to 1.8 & 1.9.
- There are also Content Packs for several mods to use along with.
:: More info: Features and supported mods | Installation | Credits | Links | News and Full change log ::
What's new: See latest posts about resource packs
Features (v.11.6)Aeon Extension Patch adds, modifies and brings back about 300 graphics of original Aeon resource pack, mainly:
- Blocks and items: enchanting table, tracks, daylight sensors, plants, dispenser, reed, lamps, item frames, clock, map background, iron golem, name tag, chests; glass etc;
- Space- and tech-themed chain mail, leather and diamond armors;
- Sound effects for vanilla entities: iron golem, villagers, witches, horse, chicken (sound fix);
- Lots of CTM fix for MCPatcher and Optifine;
- Lots of interface fix and update;
- Disc 11 now plays a new track (1.7.2+ only);
- Support several tech mods and addons: items, blocks, interface and sound effects (see below supported mods);
- + Addon patches: Mars, Venus and 1.8 update. Add custom skies and terrain (requires Optifine!) and update the packs.
Example of Mars addon patch:
Example of Venus addon patch:
Example of 1.8 and 1.9 updater/fixer addon patch:
Currently supporting several items and blocks of the following mods:
- Galacticraft: Frequency Module, Glowsone torch, Thermal Padding, ores, rocks, dense ice etc;
- Bibliocraft: glasses, furniture, interface for clipboard and mapping, space themed custom paintings;
- Mekanism: glow blocks, road blocks and salt blocks, sound effects for turbines and diving gears;
- Carpenter's Blocks: new designs and patterns for beds, doors and blocks;
- Et Futurum: CTM for blocks and Brewing stand UI;
- Modular PowerSuits: new icons and UI.
- Exotic Birds (temp): localization/display name fix.
- TrainCraft: localization and ores.
For Minecraft 1.7.2 and later:
- Download the main Aeon pack and save it in the "resourcepacks" folder/directory.
- Download this patch and save it in the "resourcepacks" folder/directory.
- Run Minecraft.
- Click on Options, and then Resources Packs
- Select Aeon [JUL 27] and Aeon Extension Patch.
- Put Aeon [JUL 27] above Default, and Aeon Extension Patch above Aeon [JUL 27], as shown in this video.
- Click on Done, and Done again.
For Minecraft 1.6.2 and 1.6.4:
- Download the main Aeon pack and save it in the "resourcepacks" folder/directory, if you haven't yet.
- If you want to keep the original pack unedited: make a copy of Aeon and renamed it to something else like "Aeon Extended".
- Download this patch and extract it.
- Copy the "Assets" folder of my patch and paste it to override "Assets" of the original Aeon (or Aeon Extended if you chose to follow step 2)
- Run Minecraft.
- In Resources Packs, select the resource pack.
- Click on Done.
- New additions, edits, port, fixes, json, language files and organization, by Ezer'Arch.
- Galacticraft, Bibliocraft, Carpenter's Blocks and MPS graphics, by Ezer'Arch.
- Original Aeon 1.7.10, Aeon::Legacy, Lost Space and Year 3000, by thesparko
- Digital clock, by ElectricMonkey
- Mars and Venus graphics, by Space Viking from Galacticraft devteam
- Graphics from LEDCraft, by Vickal1 (see FAQ in the section 6, 4th question).
- Music (Disc 11): "Dance of the Pixies" by Jens Kiilstofte (CC-BY).
- Sound effects: AGMoneyTrigga, Skullsmasha, qubodup and Andy_Gardner. All CC0 license,
- Discussion thread on Galacticraft forum.
- Aeon Extension Patch on Google Plus.
- Aeon Resource Pack project page on PlanetMinecraft.
- Aeon Extension Patch project page on PlanetMinecraft.
- Ezer'Arch's Extras - Content Packs on PlanetMinecraft.
- Ezer'Arch's Youtube channel.
UpdatesWant to follow the progress? See related blog posts and complete change log. Follow me on Twitter.
More downloadable Minecraft content: